Wednesday, March 9, 2011

a few things....

before having kids, I had a mental list of a few things I saw moms do that were lame...


character clothing. I would see girls in Disney Princess tees and think: sucker. Now, my daughters' closet is jammed with princess, Tinkerbell, Spongebob and Hello Kitty clothes.


siblings dressed the same. I don't know why I felt so strongly against this, but now it has become an obsession. It is very rare that I buy any of my girls something individually. I say they are "twins" even though there are three of them and none of them are the same age. The worst, however...


moms dressing to match their kids. I remember seeing moms and daughters in their matching Laura Ashley and I tell myself I am not that bad...yet.... Do they still make those?

3 comments:

Jim said...

In the first picture, Maisy would appear to be displaying the symbol for peace.If you look closer she is really trying to establish her turf. It's her new sign....notice her ring finger and pinky. She is in recruitment mode. In those same afformetioned pictures, Maisy is clearly locked and loaded directly on Niamh.

Jim said...

In the second picture, Niamh is starting to realize territories. She looks concerned.

Kit O'Leary said...

you forgot to mention the major, major part of matching - making sure your matching items of clothes's are touching so that people KNOW they're matching.

in solidarity,
leopard legging to leopard legging.