Sunday, May 29, 2011

the graduate

the Bird. my little Baby Bird. a preschool graduate.

I can't believe it. sitting in the church, watching her walk toward us holding her diploma, I couldn't help but wonder: where did the time go?

on October 10, 2006, our first perfect little girl was born. the nurses called her "the pretty baby", and she truly was. maybe it was the extra month she had in utero or maybe it was something more, but when I held her for the first time I knew she was a very special baby. beyond her gorgeous exterior, she had a beautiful disposition. she was patient with me which taught me patience. it was just the two of us during the day, and I remember staring at her for hours. it is so cliched, but there is a sense of wonderment and pride and indescribable love that comes over you when you watch your baby sleep. how could I be so lucky that God chose me to be her mother??

I had that same feeling again on Friday morning. my baby...the tiniest in her class...walking and singing and participating with such confidence and pride that I realize with all the times I am certain I am doing everything wrong, we must be doing something right.



as our baby continues on, I hope she will always remember and trust in this quote:


congratulations, Birdie!!!!

No comments: