Thursday, June 23, 2011

prince charming


this morning, the girls came across the same frog/toad that made me scream and almost fall down the stairs last week.

as a little girl, I don't remember being afraid or skittish when it came to bugs or creatures. I remember collecting roly polys and rescuing frogs trapped in window wells. the other day the girls came across a roly poly and I just could not pick it up. I wanted to show them how the bug would curl into a ball but it made me so squeamish that I just demonstrated the process myself. then last week when I was running up our front stairs, I screamed at the top of my lungs and lost my balance when I saw this cute little frog/toad. I was so scared to go around it that I waited for about 5 minutes with said frog/toad staring at me until he got bored enough to slowly hop away.

I don't want my girls to be afraid of God's little creatures. I loved the way they got so interested and excited about this little friend they found. I love the way they crouch down to look at ants crawling by. it's times like these~with their wonderment and curiousity over the tiniest of things~that I realize as much as I try to share with them and show them and teach them, they are the greatest teachers of all ♥

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I just burst out laughing!!! Picturing a 5 minute show down with you and Froad.