Thursday, June 9, 2011

rainy days and books

last week, all Birdie wanted to do was go to the bookstore...my babe is so smart ;) we left with only one book:

it's the sweetest little book with a wonderful message. while they may be too young to appreciate the message, I hope this will be one of those books they will always remember fondly. maybe one day when they take their children to a bookstore, they will spot this book and remember all of us curled in bed together reading it...and it will warm their hearts like these books do mine:






in 2nd grade, I copied this book word for word onto loose leaf and tried out for the talent show reading it. I think they cut me off after about a minute and said they'd let me know. they did. I didn't make it. weird.


still a huge fave in our home




one of our very very favorite books when we were kids was called, "Sometimes I Worry" and I can't find a pic of it anywhere...but it was the best!! another one I can't locate is this Garfield scratch and sniff book that I would look at every single time we went to the River Forest Library. it had lasagna you could scratch and sniff and I think probably one time I tried to lick it.

happy reading, everyone!!!

3 comments:

Kit O'Leary said...

<3 xoxo <3

Maggie "b0b" O'Leary said...

That is hilarious you tried out for talent show...so sad you didn't make the final cut. oxo admire your passion for life, love, and lit.

whatever said...

I remember the plays you put on when you were guys were on Valley View in Barrington.