Friday, June 3, 2011

scariest thing since Venture

when I was little, I got separated from my mom in a Venture store...and then the electricity went out. and I was frozen in fear all alone for 6 1/2 hours.

o.k., kidding about the 6 1/2 hour part, and I think my older bro was actually right there with me, but still, it was (until today) what I would consider one of the very scariest moments of my life. Mais topped it today.

we went to the mall this morning to shop and play. while at H&M, the girls noticed that they now have a little play table. since I was looking at the kids' clothes right by the table, I let Birdie and Mae out of the stroller to play. once I was finished in the children's area, I brought the girls with me into the dressing room. they put us in the handicapped dressing room which is in the back and right by where all the unwanted clothes are taken and hung.

aaaaanyhow, so I tried on a pair of jeans and was done. I opened the door and a rack of clothes was partially blocking our exit. well, while I maneuvered our enormous stroller out, the girls went running ahead. it took me about 30 seconds to move the rack and get the stroller out. 30 seconds...if that. I walked out of the dressing room and didn't see the girls. I figured they were back at the play table; they weren't. cue me FREAKING out. SCREAMING at the top of my lungs. about 10 seconds later, the Bird is running toward me. I scream: WHERE IS YOUR SISTER????? and she starts racing toward the front of the store. we got to the entrance and she wasn't there.

please note that at this point I am BEYOND hysterical. I felt dizzy. and while I couldn't care less about what the people around me thought as I am yelling and screaming, I am shocked by the complete lack of concern on all their faces. wtf???? so after what was probably about a 2 minute ordeal, I found my Mais. she was sitting up against a rack of men's clothing and didn't seem too fazed. as for me, I guess you could say I was a little fazed. I am still shaking and can't stop crying thinking about how I lost my baby.

it happened so quickly, but it was one of those moments where time stops. it's amazing how many different thoughts can go through your head in a matter of a couple minutes. but now we're home...safe and sound. Eenie fast asleep, Birdie upstairs relaxing and Mais in her bed screaming for bacon...and right now, that is the best sound in the world ♥

4 comments:

Kristen said...

That makes me never want to leave our house or let the boys go anywhere. Ever. I am so sorry that happened :-(

Carrie said...

So scary! But...I love you remember Venture! I thought I was the only one that frequented that spot with my mom :) Hope all is well and kiss the babes for me please.

whatever said...

That's a very scary story, Mo, but it all ended well♥

Kit O'Leary said...

Mais made her family disappear. :-O