Thursday, July 14, 2011

trenta????


when asked if I wanted to "up size" my venti iced green tea (no syrup, no water, and 1/4 passion tea) this morning, I was like: Uhhhh...wha??? apparently Starbucks now offers a trenta size in their iced drinks. really?!?! and I got it. really?!?! yes. and let me tell you, I am seriously regretting it.

first off, the cup is probably the size of a full term newborn. secondly, the instant I finished it I thought my bladder would explode. legitimately. I am not known for a large bladder as it is, but this was one of those I~may~have~to~pull~over~on~the~side~of~the~road type situations. it was frightening :/ and even more so is the fact that I can't stop shaking. then when I got home, I googled the drink and found this: The 31oz addition to the Starbucks lineup is 325mL larger than Starbucks' previous largest size, the Venti. At 916 mL, the Trenta is actually larger than the average capacity of the adult human stomach (900mL). EEEEEEEKKKK. I don't want to challenge the capacity of my stomach...and I certainly don't want it getting any ideas and expanding to accommodate. never again.

*the only good thing about the Trenta is that I looked like an Olsen twin holding it...I was so teeny.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

A hahaha!! I think everything about this post is hilarious!! Good to know to steer clear from the new gallon size. It's probably too heavy for tiny little hands to even pick up anyway.