Friday, August 12, 2011

fridays make me feel like dancing...

a few weeks ago, when I received my package containing the book Carla and Leo's World of Dance,

I had no idea what to expect. I imagined a cutsie book with a few fun dance facts...I was completely unprepared for having my mind blown. the text itself (written by author, fashion model, dancer, and mother of two, Agatha Relota) is really really cool. it takes Carla and Leo through different dances and gives a fairly in depth history of each dance and its origin. (my favorite was the Foxtrot bit, as I remember my parents coming home from dance lessons and Father showing us how to do the Foxtrot) I was impressed by how much information was given on each dance, but what truly blew me away, were the illustrations created by renowned fashion illustrator Thierry Perez.

it was like looking through a fashion designer's sketchbook with each page.

Posted by Picasa

the pictures are edgy and completely gorgeous.
 

style='border: through the art, the characters and each dance move/style are brought to life.

while the girls love the colors and faces throughout the book, they seem a bit too young to appreciate the story. for now, Carla and Leo's World of Dance will remain my new favorite source for fashion and sketching inspiration.

so, like Jessica Alba writes in the book's intro: 'get up and get moving~we have some dancing to do!'

happy friday!


1 comment:

whatever said...

I admire people who can draw like that.