Wednesday, August 31, 2011

miss independent

remember this post from a while back when I just couldn't shut up about how Eenie lets me squeeze and kiss her and how she gives me kisses all the time and how she's so perfect? well, folks, Eenie's changed. I told my dad the other day that "Eenie's turned crazy." and while I totally understand it is a woman's prerogative to change...anything, my baby's change is throwing me for a loop.

examples:

she will barely let me hold and squeeze her.

she shakes her head and screams in my face when I ask for demand a kiss.

she only wants my mom and will give her open mouth kisses like they're going out of style. one day when my mom was trying to give her back to me she screamed in my face (so standard and predictable. come on now, Eenie) and wouldn't let go of Mother.

I swear when Mother is holding her she is giving me one of those "mmmhhhmmm" looks (all the while patting Mother's shoulder like they are really in this thing together.)

she will not sit in her highchair, a shopping cart, her car seat, or any other seat of restraint without screaming or standing up or struggling like hell to escape.

she insists on pushing her own shopping cart at Trader Joes which adds an extra 30 or 40 minutes to our trip.




she will grab toys and such from her sisters and has made both of them cry.

and

I think she hates me. :/


baby found herself a new personality and is taking no prisoners in reinventing herself.

when I told Father that Eenie was turning crazy, he replied by saying, "I'm sure she'll be 'turning' a lot of ways over the years." and I know he's right.

so until she turns again, I will encourage her and her new found independence and wait for the day she turns back to me.

♥♥♥ oxoxoxo to my crazy little Eenie bean. love you so bad, baby ♥♥♥


No comments: