Thursday, October 6, 2011

and baby...

will make us 6.

since we discovered I was pregnant in august, I've wanted to tell everyone...everyone I meet, everyone I know, everyone I don't know...everyone, but I've been scared.
I miscarried in february and was shattered. I was 12 weeks along, which may not seem like a long time to some, but to me it was a lifetime. literally. it was a complete shock as we'd seen and heard the heart beating via ultrasound around 6 and a half weeks, and I was told that seeing a strong heartbeat that early reduced the risk of miscarrying to something like 4%. but something happened, and when I went back in for my 12 week appointment that little heart stopped beating. and we were devastated.
so this time around, I was hesitant to tell people in the fear that we would be back to february. I thought it was happening again tuesday when I woke up and noticed some blood. any blood-especially red blood-while pregnant is scary and I freaked. I was on the phone back and forth with the dr's office all day until finally, after talking to my sister, I demanded they get me in.
my doctor is awesome, and she wasted no time getting the gel on this belly and finding our baby's heartbeat. I hate crying in front of the girls, but when Birdie (who is practically an old pro at ob appointments by now) said to the doctor, "That's our baby's heart." I broke down. I cried because I cannot believe how God has blessed us and because I don't want to be scared anymore.
I want to give this pregnancy and baby the excitement and happiness and strength that he/she deserves, and that I did for all my other babies.
I know in my heart that everything is going to be perfect this time around. I know this. and that's why, I am BEYOND thrilled to announce that in april 2012 we will be welcoming our new baby...

(☺♥★☮♫♪ I'm pregnant ☺♥★☮♫♪)

4 comments:

Becoming Supermommy said...

Mazel tov, mama!!!

Marg71 said...

Congratulation on your blessing. Prayers for joy and happiness for you and your family

Emily said...

YAY! Congrats and love to all of you! <3

Carolyn said...

Great news! Congratulations and God Bless your little (big... and growing actually) family! XO