Tuesday, November 15, 2011

birth order

I always wanted to have a boy first. it's what I knew, and I always felt that my big brother did an amazing job of protecting us in a way that a big sister might not be able to. girls by nature seem so fragile and emotional and I remember when we found out our 1st was a girl thinking: who will protect her? who will watch out for her and come to her defense if people mistreat her? and then we had another girl. and another. and I realized that the power of 3 is an incredible thing.

for the many times I came to older brother to intervene in my life and stand up for me in some way, my sisters were always there...and always just knew when to step in.

this quote by Clara Ortega says it all:
The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.

so now I wonder what this little boy
will add to the dynamic.

because everyone adds something unique...

and I pray more than anything that each of my babies will find out and embrace what makes him or her unique and integral in our family and that they will all be blessed with the same unbreakable bonds I share with each one of my brothers and sisters. ♥♥ ♥♥ ♥♥