Wednesday, January 4, 2012

healthy, wealthy & wise wednesday

~the healthy~

this Christmas I made Mother and Mother-in-law some body scrub...and with a little extra left over, I was able to reap the bennies of my work :)

since then, I've been using the scrub everywhere. to clean my hands, to shave, to wash my face, to exfoliate my body~literally everywhere~and I am obsessed.

I did my research before creating it and I am really happy with how it turned out.

this was my final recipe:

1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ground steel cut oats
*all three of these work as exfoliants. the brown sugar is the most gentle and the oats provide moisture.
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
*the caffeine in the cocoa stimulates circulation and fights cellulite :)
1/2 cup honey
*honey is huge. it helps skin retain moisture, it has antibacterial properties, it helps with acne, it is packed with antioxidants...I heart honey.
1 16 ounce bottle almond oil
*almond oil is one of my faves to use as it is inexpensive, is amazing in retaining moisture and leaves skin looking and feeling dewy and smooth...like my baby's butt.

and all you do is mix the sugars, oats, and cocoa together, alternately pour in the oil and honey and get to scrubbing. sooo easy and soooo fantastic!

~oxoxo~

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That sounds so good, I'm afraid I'm going to want to eat it if I make some

Suzanne said...

Wait, I'm so confused...do you mix the oil with the other stuff right away or only as you're about to use it?

♥ oxo ♥ mo said...

Suzie!! You so crazy! You mix it all together right away!! oxoxo

Carolyn said...

Sue make it for me! And Kristen. kthxbai!

Kit O'Leary said...

i'm going to make this tonight!!