Wednesday, February 29, 2012

just some of those days...

as a Lenten vow, I decided to give everything I had at mastering the art of patience with children.

some days...it's really hard.

today has been one of those.

despite us all being home sick, I decided we needed to get out. it's gorgeous outside, and I'm a very firm believer in the positive effect fresh air can have on the body and mind. so off we went. to Wal~Mart. to collect the items we'd need to complete a little project we've been talking about.

in my head it sounded so nice.

one of the easiest and most effective ways to regain patience is the tried and true method of counting to 10. during those counts, the situation seems to become more clear and I'm able to breathe and appreciate that these little girls are just babies~my babies~and sometimes they're just as frustrated as I am.

but when my counts are interrupted and a new count begins...1,2,3,4...(screaming, throwing toys, grabbing at my face...) deep breath, 1,2,3... (crying, hollering out at innocent passersby, attempting to rip everything off the shelf...) 1,2..., I realize that it is time to roll out.

and that's what we did.

I abandoned our cart full of all the things I thought would make our day perfect, paid for the box of kleenex we'd opened during our store visit, and we left.

these are the times~and we've been having quite a few lately~when I feel like I'm failing.

I feel like all the lovelies at Wal~Mart think I'm a terrible mother, that my babies are bratty, and that they hope I never come back (sorry, huns, but you know that's never gonna happen).

and it makes me sad.

but if I close my eyes and count to 10, I can picture us more like this:
or this:

or even this:
and it makes this patience thing come a little easier.





p♥s♥ happy birthday and mad l♥ve to Chi

2 comments:

jimjoyce_11@hotmail.com said...

I love all the babies and aunt chi soooooo much. Mo, hurry up and bring the crew down to the city for fort night, <3 JJ

Carrie said...

Mo I fail everyday, glad I am not the only one feeling it :)